Organizing Your Self Storage Unit
- Create a master inventory list of all your boxes (labeled – they all look alike after a while). This will make it easier to find items.
- Leave space around the perimeter of your unit to ensure adequate ventilation to prevent mold and mildew.
- Heavy items should be stored near the bottom of your space/stacks.
- Free standing shelving units can help you maximize the use of your space; including height.
- Keep items that you’ll need to access first or frequently at the front of your unit.
- Create aisles so that you will be able to access items without having to rearrange the whole unit.
- Store large items, such as tables, couches, mattresses, mirrors and artwork vertically to help protect them from damage and also save space while utilizing the locker height.
- Hide-a-bed couches should not be stored vertically as this can damage the frames.
- Outdoor furniture, tools and barbeques will take up more space, as they do not stack well.
- If you are storing anything with an engine, put a drop cloth or cardboard underneath it after draining the fuel.
Website design and Internet Marketing by Guaranteed SEO